Working out is a must if you wish to ensure that you stay healthy. However, it is common to feel as if your energy is drained out after a thorough session of exercise.
At such a time, you will need a drink to revitalize your energy and get you going for the day. What better drink can you consume than a protein powder? After all, it allows you to stay energized, while stimulating muscle growth.
Here are ten options you can choose from:
This product may serve to be the best vegan protein powder for those who wish for quality and taste.
The natural ingredients included in the protein powder provide you with an array of antioxidants, vitamins, minerals, enzymes, and phytonutrients. Such components are bound to aid in the improvement of your muscular strength as well as your overall health.
- The product uses original rice protein, peas, amaranth, chia seeds, and quinoa as the main ingredients
- The product weighs 2.5 pounds
- The product is available in a package with the dimensions of 4*8*4 inches
- One scoop of the product is ideal to be used with 10 oz. of drink
- The product is vegan and therefore lacks milk proteins
- The design of the product (which features a scoop that is attached to the lid) is convenient to use
- The taste of the protein powder is delicious
- The texture of the product is not as smooth as other protein powders available
2. Vega Protein and Greens
This product is ideal for those who wish to lose weight rather than maintain it. This is because this protein powder is not only gluten free, but it also features fewer calories than other similar products.
Moreover, this protein powder is equipped with an array of green ingredients which provide you with the nutrients that you require.
- The product contains 20 grams of protein from a range of plant-based sources
- The product contains 110-120 calories per scoop and no sugar
- The product does not contain artificial flavors or sweeteners
- The product weighs 2.1 pounds
- Users expressed appreciation for the chocolatey taste of the product
- The gluten free nature of the product makes it accessible to many
- The product is ideal for pregnant, as well as breastfeeding women
- The powder is chalky in texture
- The product is too sweet for the liking of a few people
3. Garden of Life Protein Powder
If you are looking for a product which is perfect for pre as well as post-workout, you will not be disappointed by this product.
This protein powder includes 13 raw ingredients which allow it to promote the synthesis of protein as well as aid in the repair of muscles.
- The product contains 22 grams of plant protein
- The powder is sugar-free
- The protein powder has fat soluble vitamins ranging from vitamin A to K
- The product features 100 calories per serving
- The protein powder lacks artificial flavors or sweeteners making it the ideal choice for vegans
- The product delivers 32% of the required protein intake
- The high amount of fiber included in the product aids in digestion
- The protein powder is quite gritty
- The design of the product features a narrow opening, which makes it difficult to scoop the product out
4. Vega Sports Protein Powder
If you wish for options regarding flavor, you will appreciate the fact that this protein powder comes in Vanilla, Berry, and Chocolate and Mocha flavors.
The product contains 1 billion CFU probiotics, which render the need for refrigeration of the powder unnecessary.
- The ingredients of the product aid in building and repairing muscles
- The product mixes well
- Many have appreciated the inclusion of BCAAs which are hard to find in vegan drinks
- It reduces soreness after workout
- The product acts as a meal replacer when on a diet
- The product has an excellent taste
- The product is pricey
- The taste is quite bland
5. Orgain Organic Plant Based Protein Powder
If you wish for a creamy drink that is bound to satisfy your taste buds, you will find this product to be the best vegan protein powder.
The fact that this product does not feature herbicide residues allow it to ensure the overall health of users, and thereby makes this product the perfect on-the-go nourishment.
- This product weighs 2.03 pounds
- The product has 21 grams of protein which has plant-based sources, 3 grams of carbohydrates, 5 grams of fiber, and 150 grams of calories in each serving
- The product is soy-free and gluten-free
- This protein powder lacks artificial flavoring which makes it a healthy option for users
- The product has a delicious taste
- The product is not too sweet, which makes it consumable by the masses
- The powder is gritty
- It does not taste good with milk
6. SAN Nutrition Raw Fusion Protein Powder
If you wish to reduce your appetite and be provided with nutritional food at the same time, you will appreciate this product.
Even though this protein powder is ideal for vegans, it tends to mimic milk protein powder and can hence provide you with Glutamine and BCAAs, both of which are immensely beneficial.
- The product contains 4.580 mg of BCAAs in each serving
- The formula of the product lacks solvents and artificial colors
- The powder consist of 21 grams of protein per scoop
- The product is dairy and soy-free
- The product is easy to digest
- The taste of the protein powder is exemplary
- The price is reasonable
- The product may be too sweet for the liking of some individuals
- The texture is not smooth
7. Organic Vegan Protein Powder
Do you wish for a protein powder which is backed by credibility? If so, you may find this product to be perfect for you, owing to its money back guarantee if you are not satisfied with the product. Such a warranty helps in building trust amidst users.
This product blends an array of plant-based protein to provide you with a protein powder that is of superior quality, and is USDA-Organic in nature.
- The product contains 6 grams per serving of BCAAs from natural sources
- The powder is accompanied by glutamine, which ensures that you revitalize your energy
- The product is free from gluten, dairy, soy, and lactose
The protein powder weighs 2.4 pounds
- The product lasts a month which makes it a cost-effective purchase
- The protein powder has a high protein content per serving
- The product does not clump when mixing
- The powder tends to settle to the bottom when left
- The product only comes in a bag which is inconvenient to use
8. MRM Veggie Elite Performance Protein
This product is equipped with all the required amino acids, which allow you to benefit from muscle growth, as well as recovery. You get all this, along with being provided a fresh drink to consume.
This protein powder is plant-based and therefore digests easily, thereby avoiding a whole host of issues ranging from bloating to diarrhea.
- The product is cholesterol-free and lacks milk, soy, and gluten
- The protein powder does not contain any colors or artificial flavors
- The product weighs 2.4 pounds
- It contains 24 grams of plant-based protein per serving
- The taste of the product is better than other protein powders
- The texture of the powder is smooth
- The product does not cause gas or bloating
- Some may find the sweet flavor of the product to be overpowering
9. Raw Vegan Protein Powder
This powder derives its protein content from brown rice plants, which allow it to offer Vitamin B-12 and Spirulina Protein to users.
Moreover, if you are a busy professional, you will find this product to be an adequate replacement for a meal, since it is packed with much-needed nutrients.
- The product is certified by various manufacturing and safety institutions, thereby giving it credibility
- The product serves to be gluten, soy and dairy free, making it ideal for those who suffer dairy intolerance
- The protein powder contains high amounts of BCAAs
- The product weighs 2.5 pounds
- The powder can be used as a supplement before and after workout
- It is easy to digest
- The product has a delicious taste
- The texture of the product is gritty
- Some have reported that the powder has a metallic taste
10. Burt’s Bees Plant Based Protein Powder
This product extracts its vitamins and protein from an array of sources which ranges from fruits to vegetables. Therefore, this protein powder is equipped to ensure a healthy lifestyle.
This product is enough to keep you satisfied for 18 days. Such a quantity serves to make this product to be cost-effective.
- The protein powder has a vanilla flavor
- The product contains 15 grams of protein per serving
- The protein powder provides you with 10% of the daily requirement of the 12 included vitamins
- The product contains 19 ounces of powder
- The product contains 3 grams of fiber
- The flavor of this product is delicious
- The nutritional content of the protein powder aids in keeping you healthy
- The product is a little gritty
- The size of the package is small
Buying Guide Of Vegan Protein Powder
Staying healthy and fit requires quite a bit of work on your part. If you want to make it certain that you remain in shape, you will need to be cautious when it comes to your diet and work out with adequate zeal and enthusiasm. However, sometimes, this is easier said than done.
This is owing to the fact that exercise routines can take quite a bit out of you. They have a tendency to leave you drained, preventing you from completing the routines. Thus, the question which now arises is, what can be done when you find yourself in such a situation? One solution is to use protein powder. You will find that staying fit would become a whole lot easier if you make use of protein powder drinks.
These drinks serve to give you an energy boost and make sure that you are able to get through the day without feeling fatigue. Another benefit that you stand to attain is that these drinks would stimulate muscle growth, thereby making it easier for you to get into your desired shape.
Whey protein is considered to be the most effective type of protein powder. It is what most people tend to opt for when they are looking to build their body. However, the problem is that whey protein is derived from milk which makes it difficult to use for vegans.
While there is no dearth of options when it comes to protein powders, if you are a vegan, the road can be a bit tricky for you since choices tend to be limited when it comes to food and drinks. However, there are quite a few vegan protein powders available on the market.
Types of Vegan Protein Powder
Let us take a look at some of the types of vegan protein powders that are available on the market so that you can know what options you have.
This can easily be listed among the most popular vegan proteins. The ingredients are extracted from defatted soy flour that are provided with a high solubility in water. They are then processed following which you get around 90% of protein. The no-protein compounds such as fats and carbohydrates are removed, thereby giving the powder a neutral flavor. You would not have to worry about gas-related issues if you opt for a soy protein powder.
This is another option that you have when we talk about vegan protein powders. It is made using field peas. These are dried yellow or green peas which are used in the manufacture of the protein powder. Field peas are enriched with protein, so they prove to be quite a valuable source.
The process is commenced by removing the fiber along with starch from the ingredient. It is also devoid of any allergens that can be harmful for some people.
Field peas can also be absorbed by the body with ease. Since it does not contain egg, dairy or soy, vegans can use it without any inhibitions
Brown Rice Protein
After a lot of processing, the carb content of the ingredient is decreased, which makes this a suitable source of proteins for vegans. As much as 80% of the starch content is eradicated and if no sugar is added, the final product is rather low in carbs and sugar. It is devoid of lactose, gluten and all the other ingredients that people tend to be allergic to. Thus, protein powder made from this source can be used quite easily
This can easily be called among the best sources of plant-based proteins. If you want to make sure that you are restricted to a natural diet that is rich in whole foods, this would prove to be a suitable choice for you.
It contains around 20 amino acids including around nine of the essential amino acids. Thus, it is capable of providing you with quite a bit of benefits. It has a somewhat nutty flavor which is digested with ease. It also plays a role in bringing about an improvement in the overall heart health. It will also provide you with other heart benefits such as cleansing the colon, suppressing sugar cravings, boosting the immune system and decreasing the risk of osteoporosis.
However, there is one drawback that this source has. It is subjected to minimal processing and the seeds are ground. Therefore, you will get a low amount of protein in a single serve. Blending it is also somewhat difficult, which is why it is advisable to blend it with ice or frozen fruits.
You will also find some plant-based protein powders that have not been derived from a single source but are instead more of a blend. It is quite common for vegan protein powders to be manufactured from different types of proteins. There are quite a few reasons for this.
For starters, this ensures that you get a complete nutritional profile with your protein powder since the blend ensures that all nutrients are a part of the final product. The blending also serves to give a good texture to the drink, making it smooth and creamy.
What to Look For
While you might have a lot of options for vegan protein powder, it is not advisable to opt for just about anything. There are certain factors that you would need to pay attention to if you want to make sure you get the best out of what these energy drinks have to offer.
Watching every bite is not an easy thing to manage. At times, you feel your motivation reducing and your resolve dwindling. Working out and striving to stay in shape can be tough as it is, so there is no reason to put you through extra trouble. Therefore, make sure you opt for the protein powder which would be delicious. This will make it certain that drinking it would not seem like a punishment to you and you will actually enjoy it.
Easy to Make
Amidst your hectic schedule, you will find it rather tough to go through complicated processes to get the drink ready. Therefore, it is advisable to opt for a protein powder which would not require a lot of work to prepare and can be made with ease.
Some people prefer to have their drinks smooth. If you are one of them, you need to know that not all protein powders make smooth drinks. Therefore, this is something that you would need to look out for beforehand if you do not want to be disappointed.
At the end of the day, it is your health which matters the most. Thus, you need to ensure that the protein powder you opt for would not jeopardize your health. Take a close look at the specifications and ingredients of the protein powder before purchasing it to make sure it does not contain anything that could be harmful for you.
Vegan Protein Powders According to Individual Requirements
Now that we have shed some light on the general factors that you should pay attention to while selecting the best vegan protein powder for your use, let us take a look at what needs to be considered when it comes to fulfilling your specific requirements.
Vegan Protein Powder for Athletes
It is well understood that vegan diets are centered on protein. However, when we talk about athletes, protein becomes all the more important.
It is required to maintain a fit and healthy lifestyle and to remain in shape. It also plays a pivotal role in making it certain that you do not run out of energy. Thus, it does not matter what field of sports you belong to – a diet enriched in protein will always be of great importance.
For athletes, you do not need to give attention to only the protein content. You also need to opt for something that would reduce your recovery time so that you do not feel sore after working out for long durations. The protein powder you use should also be capable of replenishing the electrolytes that you lose during workout sessions.
If you want to make sure that you opt for something that would enhance your performance, it is advisable to get the right level of protein to calorie ratio and use something that would comprise of few fat and carbs as well. This will serve to provide you with adequate energy and assist in repairing muscles post workouts.
Vegan Protein Powder for Weight Loss
Protein powders are also helpful when it comes to weight loss. Losing weight is quite a difficult feat to attain and thus, one needs all the help they can get in this endeavor. The food choices you make and the protein content your diet comprises of has a pivotal role to play in deciding how much weight you would stand to lose.
It is seen that high-protein diets prove to be most effective in reducing weight as they boost metabolism, thereby ensuring that calories are burned at a faster rate. A diet enriched with protein also serves to reduce your appetite, which makes sure that your strength is not put to test owing to hunger pangs.
If losing weight is what you are interested in, you need to opt for a vegan protein powder which has a high protein to calorie ratio and is devoid of any sugar or fat. It would also work in your favor if the protein powder comprises of medium chain triglycerides and L-glutamine. These would make sure that you feel full and are not tempted to give up on your diet.
Vegan Protein Powder for Women
Protein is essential for both sexes, whether it is for enhancing athletic performance or for losing weight. While women tend to find it quite hard to get their required dose of protein, the right vegan protein powder can do wonders for them.
You will come across numerous vegan protein powders that are manufactured keeping the requirements of women in mind. These protein powders also play a role in dealing with hormonal imbalances.
Affordable Protein Powders
At the end of the day, people would opt for what they can afford. Therefore, this is one factor that influence the decision of which vegan protein powder to opt for.
While there is no denying that budget is something that needs to be given attention to, you will also have to make sure that you do not end up putting quality at stake. Try to look at the big picture and keep in mind that your health is at stake. Don’t compromise on your health just to save a few bucks.
Comparison of Plant-Based Proteins and Animal-Based Proteins
Something that people often tend to wonder is, which type of protein is better? Is plant-based protein better for your health or should one rather opt for animal-based proteins?
It comes down to the requirement that you have. If availability and effectiveness are the factors that you give importance to, you will find plant-based proteins to be quite a suitable choice as they would ensure that you get closer to your goal.
Furthermore, plant-based proteins also have quite a few benefits to offer. They are cheap and are readily available. They can also be easily digested by the body, thereby ensuring that you do not have to face issues like upset stomach or bloating.
At the end of the day, it is up to you to decide which product you end up choosing. Are you looking for a drink that would fulfill your dietary requirements and replace your meal? Or is your requirement to simply find something that would give you an energy boost to get on with your workout with zeal? How much are you willing to pay for the protein powder? These are some of the things that would influence your decision and would enable you to decide which protein powder to opt for. Make sure that you opt for the best vegan protein powder which would offer you everything you need.
It would be a good idea to take a close look at the ingredients of the protein powder before you purchase it. This would provide you with a better understanding of what effects it is likely to cause. Furthermore, you should endeavor to find out reviews from people who have used vegan protein powder for reasons similar to yours so that it would become clearer if a certain product is indeed capable of catering to your requirement.
All in all, while all of the protein powders mentioned above will succeed in satisfying your needs. Amongst these products, SAN Nutrition Raw Fusion Protein Powder manages to grab the title of best vegan protein powder for all the reasons mentioned.
This is because this product not only features a great taste, but also allows you to enjoy a wide variety of benefits. The fact that such a range of features is available at a low cost makes this product a holistic package,and therefore better than other items on this list.
The product which you find to be the best depends on what your dietary requirements and budgetary constraints are. Regardless of which product you end up choosing, make sure you choose a vegan protein powder.
You and your body deserve the advantages provided by such items. Use protein powder. Revitalize yourself.