If you want to get your desired body, you need to make sure that you meet the daily nutritional requirements of your body. While calorie count and fat content need to be kept in check, it is the protein content which needs to be high. When it comes to nutritional requirements, significant differences are found between men and women. Thus for women, it is the best protein powder for women that you would have to get.
If you are looking for something that would enable you to get a lean figure, this is one option that will not let you down. You will be pleased with everything that it has to offer.
- The powder contains pre-digested leucine peptides which pave the way for enhanced protein synthesis.
- It speeds up fat loss while also shortening the recovery period following workouts.
- Casein protein present in the powder insures that the lean muscle accrual is sustained for long periods.
- The drink tastes quite good which insures that you do not feel as though you are given punishment every time you take a sip.
- It mixes well and with ease, thereby providing you with optimal convenience.
- It is a tad bit too sweet which might not be preferred by all.
Quite a few products meant to provide assistance in weight loss tend to be harmful to health. If this is something that you worry about, you can put all your fears to rest with this protein powder supplement. It is equipped with all the features that make it worthy of being considered a contender for the best protein powder for women.
- Made of pure bone broth hydrolyzed proteins
- Comprises Glucosamine Chondroitin, Hyaluronic Acid, and Gelatin
- Does not have any aftertaste
- No preservatives included
- It helps in dealing with leaky gut syndrome and food allergies. It also has a role in detox and cleansing, digestive health, and inflammation reduction.
- You can add it to any recipe and there would be no aftertaste.
- Since it does not have any preservatives, you would not have to worry about side effects. It is FDA approved.
- Using only water to make the drink might make the end product a bit clumpy.
3. GENIUS PROTEIN POWDER
This is another impressive option that you have which would insure that you get the results you are looking for. With this protein powder, you will find that your journey of weight loss would become a whole lot easier.
- It contains profound quality of protein which paves the way for weight loss while building muscles naturally.
- It is absorbed rapidly into the body, thereby providing you with instant results.
- It does not contain any artificial sweeteners or fillers.
- The high protein content insures that you attain speedy weight loss.
- Since there are no preservatives in the powder, you would not have to worry about incurring any side effects.
- It tastes quite good. Thus, you would not find yourself looking for excuses to not take the drink.
- The texture is creamy.
- It manages to suppress hunger.
- Adding only water to it makes the drink a bit too sweet which might not be according to the taste of all.
4. Body Fortress Super Advanced Whey Protein Powder
If you want to make use of something that is profound in quality, and would enable you to lose weight and work out with a lot more zeal, this is something that you should take a look at.
- It contains profound quality of whey protein that serves to build muscle strength.
- It also has amino acid with creatine that improves the training recovery.
- It comprises 12g of naturally occurring BCCAs.
- No gluten or preservatives are part of it.
- Ingredients of profound quality have been used.
- It is capable of maintaining strength throughout the workout, thereby insuring that you can perform your routine with zeal.
- It shortens the duration of recovery period, which serves as a motivating factor.
- It is low in sugar and carbs.
- The protein powder contains cookie chunks which could be unpleasant while drinking.
5. Pure Protein® 100% Whey Powder
If you want a delicious protein powder which would offer you all the health benefits, this is an option that you should consider.
- 25g of proteins present
- Low fat content
- 5g of BCAAs
- Leads to lean muscle
- The protein powder is rather delicious which makes sure that one is not reluctant to try it out.
- It has low fat content, thereby making certain that you do not have to worry about keeping your caloric content in check.
- It is easy to blend in all types of recipes.
- Mixing it with water alone ruins the taste to some extent.
With this protein powder, you will find it a whole lot easier to shed those extra pounds and get the figure that you always wanted.
- It comprises 23g of protein, 1g of carbs, 1g of dietary fibers and fat, and 110 calories.
- No unnecessary ingredients or artificial preservatives form part of it.
- It is gluten-free and soy-free.
- It contains profound quality of casein and whey protein isolates.
- It tastes quite good, thereby insuring that you do not have to face any trouble while drinking it.
- It does not contain sweeteners. This insures that everyone including diabetics can use it with ease.
- It promotes optimal digestive health.
- If you use a blender to make the drink, it would froth up quite a bit and settle down after a while increasing the chances of spillage.
7. Optimum Nutrition (ON) 100% Whey Gold Standard
This is another appealing option that you can make use of to insure that you remain in optimal health while you try to get your desired physique. It has everything that you would need to inch closer to your goal.
- The whey protein isolates are the primary ingredients and around 24g of whey protein is present in a single serving.
- The powder contains 1g of sugar and 1g of fat with 4g of glutamine and glutamic acid and 5.5g of BCAAs in each serving.
- It insures that you maintain optimal strength during your workout sessions, thereby making certain that you do not end up giving up on the routines midway.
- It has a good taste.
- The taste is a bit sweet which might not be preferred by all.
8. Garden of Life, RAW Organic Protein
If you want something that is completely natural and has a lot of benefits to offer, this is an option which you will find worth consideration.
- 17g of protein per serving included
- Enriched with fat-soluble vitamins
- Comprises Live Probiotics and Enzymes
- The protein powder does not have any artificial preservatives. Thus, you do not have to worry about any side effects.
- It contains vitamins and probiotics which promote skin health and also improve your immune system.
- The taste is satisfactory.
- The protein powder sometimes makes a chalky drink which could be difficult to drink.
9. FitMiss Delight Healthy Nutrition Shake for Women
Hunger pangs are perhaps the most dangerous things when it comes to dealing with weight loss. They provoke you to give up on your attempts and indulge in unhealthy eating. Therefore, finding something that controls your appetite can make things a whole lot easier for you. If this is indeed what you need, this nutrition shake would make sure that you get what you are looking for.
- Clinically proven to effectively control appetite
- Contains a blend of fruits and vegetables that are enriched with digestive enzymes, vitamins, and minerals
- High protein content and low-calorie count
- Gluten-free with low carb
- Since it is enriched with digestive enzymes, it gives you a feeling of fullness and insures that you do not feel the urge to get snacks from time to time.
- There are no preservatives used which insures that you do not have to worry about any side effects coming your way.
- The high protein content makes certain that you are provided with the assistance to get a lean body.
- It is quite easy to make.
- It is somewhat sweet which is not something that many prefer.
This is another option that you will find to be highly beneficial as it will not only provide you with the assistance you need to lose weight; it also has quite a few other health advantages to offer.
- It is enriched with vitamins.
- It includes proprietary probiotic blend and digestive enzyme blend
- It is FDA approved.
- It leads to a boost in energy metabolism, thereby insuring that you do not feel drained out while performing your routines.
- It gives a feeling of being full, thereby suppressing hunger.
- It also promotes better immune health.
- It is quite affordable.
- The taste is not very pleasant unless you make it a part of some smoothie or use other ingredients to cover for its taste.
Generally, protein powders are associated with muscular men who spend a significant amount of their time working out. After all, protein powders have become so ingrained with modern workout cultures that it is hard to imagine men in the gym without one. Whichever gym you go to, you are bound to come across people drinking protein shakes during their breaks between lifting weights and running on treadmills.
So, does it mean the use of protein powder is merely limited to men who wish to build lean body muscle? No. Protein powder can be just as useful for women.
What Are Protein Powders?
Protein powder is an umbrella term used to refer to various dietary supplements, each of which contains a high amount of protein. This significant percentage of the nutrient is guaranteed by deriving it from an array of food sources including pea, egg, milk, rice, and soy.
While the basic purpose of a protein powder is to provide amino acids to its users, most manufacturers have taken it upon themselves to deliver various other nutrients on top of protein. This may range from vitamins to minerals. Protein powders which contain carbohydrates and fat along with other minerals are often referred to as meal replacement powders since they serve to provide a holistic package rather than just be a supply of protein.
You can expect a protein powder to have a long shelf life, which is guaranteed by the various processes that the product goes through during manufacturing.
Types of Protein Powders
Mainly, you can divide protein powders into three varieties, namely concentrate, isolate and casein. Each of these types differs in the way they are processed as well as the benefits they provide. You are free to choose one which best satisfies your needs.
Concentrate protein powders go through an intense drying process where the product is subjected to heat and acid to reduce the source into a concentrated powder. At the end, the item you end up with contains up to 70% of protein.
Generally, concentrate protein powders are fairly priced. This type of protein tends to be absorbed by the body at a moderate rate and is ideal for consuming between two meals.
For those of you who work out and wish for something to provide your muscles with the much-needed amino acids as soon as possible, isolate protein powders are the ideal product.
As the name suggests, isolate protein is manufactured by separating protein from the food source. This is achieved by washing the source with alcohol and water or ionizing it. Depending on which method is undertaken, the quality and price of isolate protein will vary.
While water washing is the cheapest method, it is also the least effective in separating protein from the food source. On the other side of the spectrum, ionization yields the best result but at a high price.
By the end of the manufacturing process, a quality isolate protein powder will be devoid of all nutrients except protein. Therefore, there will be a minimum amount of carbs, fat, and fiber in isolate powder and about 90% of protein.
Casein is a byproduct of the process of cheese making. When a curdling agent is added during the cheese making process, whey and casein are produced. Casein is then reduced to a powder form to be used as a supplement.
Since casein protein powder stays in the body for a long time, owing to its slow digestion process, it is the go-to supplement for bodybuilders and athletes alike. This is because it provides them with a consistent supply of amino acids for an extended time.
Why Use Protein Powders?
You might wonder, why should one use protein powder to begin with? After all, there are various whole meals which are packed with protein. Here are a few reasons why using protein powders may be a comparatively better choice.
Imagine eating six chicken breasts per day or eight egg whites. Doesn’t the idea seem nauseating to you? Well, this is the kind of whole food you would have to consume daily if you wish to gain muscle mass in the conventional way.
With protein powders, you can achieve the same intake of protein with 2-3 protein shakes per day. Which of the two seems more convenient and less daunting to you? We bet it is the latter.
If you have ever observed the antics of those who worked out, you would notice that they drink protein shakes right after exercising. This is because protein powders have the tendency to get absorbed quickly into the bloodstream and provide the body with the amount of protein required to convert into lean muscle and replace any muscles that may have undergone wear and tear.
Whole food does not get absorbed as fast as protein powders and are not as effective in replacing and building muscles.
The more time it takes for any food to be digested, the more likely it is to be converted into fat and cause an increase in weight. Not only are protein powder and shakes absorbed quickly by the body, but they are also digested at a fast rate. This barely gives the body time to convert excess nutrients into fat.
In this regard, protein powders guarantee that your weight will not increase. When you add the fact that the product can aid in weight loss as well, you are bound to find protein powders and shakes to be an excellent tool for your weight loss journey.
Constant Supply of Amino Acids
There are two types of proteins. One provides a constant supply of amino acids for a long time, whereas the other delivers a sudden boost of protein. While both have their merits, the former is much more beneficial in building muscles, weight loss and overall wellness.
Most protein powders are equipped with sources that offer a constant supply of amino acids by staying in the body for a considerable amount of time and releasing the nutrients slowly.
Why Do Women Need Protein Powders?
Whether it is because protein requirement for women is higher than men or because most women’s lifestyle is not centric toward a protein diet, the fact remains most women fall short of their daily requirement of protein intake. When you add objectives of weight loss or fitness programs into the mix, women are highly likely to have insufficient protein in their body.
For instance, when trying to lose weight, a woman needs more proteins than what is required to maintain the current weight. This may sound contradictory, but the increase in protein consumption aids in providing the required energy since calories are cut extensively during weight loss programs.
This is where protein powders can be of immense help. They can provide the body with the required amount of protein. This is highly convenient for those women who are always running late for work or chores or are merely not cut out for eating a lot of protein every day.
When to Use Protein Powders for Women
Protein powders can be as useful for women as they are for men. You can use protein powder for the following purposes.
While men tend to aspire for a muscular physique through their muscle gaining struggles, such gain in lean body mass is important for women as well. For all the women out there who wish to gain lean muscle, the journey is not easy. It is filled with rigorous training and major changes in your diet.
The changes in diet are specifically important since they ensure that women are not subjected to osteoporosis and other joint-related problems as a side effect of exercising. One of these dietary alterations includes increasing the protein intake. As per Rice University, this increase must be by 0.2-0.4 grams per day and per pound of the weight. A protein powder can be an excellent way of meeting this requirement.
Women are more at risk of gaining weight than men. Whether you blame it on the hormonal changes they go through or their lifestyle, this susceptibility to weight gain means that as a woman, you should take steps to either maintain or lose weight.
Using protein powder as a meal replacement is an ideal way to do so. This powder serves to provide users with an optimum amount of protein. On top of this, it also satiates the body and curbs hunger. Therefore, not only will you be consuming the required nutrients in the right amount, but you will also feel too full to reach for unhealthy items. You can bid your binge eating days goodbye because once protein powder comes into your life, you will never have an empty stomach to devour on these treats.
However, make sure that you don’t go overboard when it comes to replacing meals with a protein shake. While it might be fine to do so with one meal, replacing multiple meals with it can be harmful. Ask your doctor before using protein powders as a substitute for meals.
General Nutritional Advantages
Your use of protein powder does not necessarily have to be limited to your desire to lose weight or build muscles. Instead, you can also consume it to benefit from its various nutritional additions.
As a woman, there is a lot you need to do. Between work, taking care of children and your home and various other chores, the chances are that you don’t get enough time to maintain a diet that is equipped with all the nutrients you need for your wellness. This is when you should incorporate protein powder into your life. As mentioned above, some of these supplements are accompanied by other minerals. Adding them to your diet can help repair skin, cartilage, and blood.
How to Choose the Best Protein Powder for Women
A simple search on any online store will be enough to tell you that the market is flooded with a variety of protein powders. Different brands make varying claims about the effectiveness of their products. Amidst seemingly never-ending choices, how do you make sure that the protein powder you choose is the best one?
Well, you can ensure this by making this purchase decision after much consideration. Don’t make the mistake of selecting the first protein powder you see on the aisle of a supermarket. Instead, make a point of looking at various factors. Some of the things you need to look out for include the following.
Suitable Macronutrient Profile
The first thing you should do when you see a potential protein powder is to look at the macronutrient profile displayed in the packaging. The profiles of different brands will vary from one another. The best macronutrient profile will be one which best suits your dietary needs.
For example, if you are opting for a protein powder for meeting your various nutritional requirements, you might want to choose a product which is equipped with other nutrients as well as protein. Similarly, if you are consuming protein powder for weight loss, an isolate protein powder which has minimal carbs and fat might be perfect for you.
Say No to Artificial Ingredients
When you hear the arguments for whole food, one of the major ones is that whole food sources do not have any harmful artificial ingredients. Well, there are various protein powders in the market that do not contain artificial ingredients as well. You should make a point of looking for such products.
Ensure that the protein powder you choose does not include any fillers. Research on the products to make sure that the protein is derived from a quality source. At the end of the day, the source is what matters. Don’t get tricked by artificial ingredients that pose as protein sources.
A Good Taste
It doesn’t matter how advantageous a given protein powder is; it is not going to mean much to you if you are unable to consume the product more than a few times. Let’s face it, our taste buds do not care about the merits of protein powders. All they care about is whether the given food is delicious or not.
Therefore, there is an intrinsic need to choose a product that has a good taste. Now, selecting a product which satisfies your taste buds can be quite tricky. This is because if we are to believe every brand’s claim, it would mean all of them taste great. Obviously, that is not true, so how do you distinguish between protein powders that taste good from the ones that do not? The only way to do so is by reading reviews of other customers.
However, even if other people like the taste, it isn’t guaranteed that you will too. In this case, the only option is trial and error. Purchase the smallest package of the product and see whether the taste suits you.
Easy to Mix
For men and women alike, convenience is one of the many deciding factors. No one likes purchasing products that are marked by hassle. When it comes to protein powder, this inconvenience can come in the form of powders that refuse to mix or ones which have lengthy instructions for the recipe.
Depending on how important convenience is to you, the best protein powder will vary. However, as a rule of thumb, make sure you pick a product that is easy to mix. This is because products which take a lot of time to mix might have a chalky taste, which most of you will abhor.
Just like any other product in the market, when it comes to the price of protein powders, you will find items on both extremities of the spectrum. There will be products that are so low-priced that the budget-conscious soul inside of you will be highly tempted to buy it. Similarly, some products will feature premium prices which will make you wonder if these are the best products on the market.
We are here to tell you to choose products which are reasonably priced. To a certain extent, there is a trade-off between quality and price. The manufacturing process of most protein powders is quite expensive to begin with, so items which are priced low might have taken shortcuts along the way and may have incorporated poor quality sources. Therefore, stay away from cheap protein powders. You wouldn’t want to harm your health, now, would you?
When it comes to premium products, not all of them deliver features and benefits as justified by their high cost. Hence, it is integral for you to look for the factors mentioned above and analyze if the price is worth bearing. Only pick items that are reasonably priced. Also, setting a budget from the start will aid in filtering out excessive items. Just ensure this budget is set at a reasonable mark.
Are There Any Side Effects of Protein Powders for Women?
There is a general belief that anything which is not natural is bound to have side effects. After all, good things come at a price. Naturally, some of you might be wondering whether consuming protein powders will have any adverse effect on your health.
When it comes to the components of the powder itself, the best thing about this supplement is the lack of any harmful effects that are directly caused by the protein content of the powder. Since a high protein intake is beneficial for you, you don’t need to worry about overdoing it and suffering from any health conditions as a result.
However, the same cannot be said about the other contents that a particular protein powder may have.
If a protein powder has whey in it and you are allergic to milk, you will get a reaction from consuming the product. Since most protein powders contain whey protein, this limitation can render you incapable of using most of these supplements, so it is better if you stay away from it if you are allergic.
Those of you who are lactose intolerant can still consume protein powders. This is because during the manufacturing process, especially in the case of isolate protein, most of the lactose is removed, so the chances of your body reacting to the product are quite slim.
Some of you might be allergic to different types of food, whether it be soy or wheat. Now, even if a protein powder claims to be allergen-free, you need to make sure that it doesn’t contain any of the components that trigger your allergy. Check the labels and ingredients mentioned on the protein powder before opting for it.
Recommended Dosage of Protein for Women
It is always difficult to decide how much protein shake or powder you should consume. The answer to this is quite simple since there are clear guidelines available for the recommended dosage of protein. The quantity of protein you need depends on various factors including your age, your weight and how active you are.
Common recommendations include:
- 7-0.8 grams of protein per day per pound of weight for building muscle mass.
- For weight loss, 125 grams of protein per day should be consumed. This can vary as per your body weight and age.
Since protein powders at most contain 80% protein of their total weight, you will have to tweak the dosage of protein accordingly to achieve the same results using such supplements.
Protein powders are an excellent way to reap an array of advantages, and these benefits are just as applicable to women as they are to men.
Understand why you wish to introduce protein powder into your life and choose the type accordingly. Factor in the various considerations and you will end up with the best protein powder for women. Be it weight loss or muscle building, you can do it all. Let protein powder help you.
All the protein powders we have mentioned have the features that make them worthy of being called the best protein powder for women. However, when it comes to matters of health, one looks to get her hands on what is the best. You would want to use something that is not only beneficial to your health but also tastes good. Therefore, it is Body Fortress Super Advanced Whey Protein Powder that you will find most appealing. This is because it has everything that you would need to get the figure you are looking for without compromising on your health.
This powder has attained an average rating of 4.2 out of five stars which is sufficient to tell you that you would not get disappointed with your selection. It will provide you with the results that you are looking for.